Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Out of the approximately 7000 pieces of paper we've had to fill out so far with this adoption, this was easily my favorite so far:


Officially, it's called a Letter Of Seeking Confirmation From Adopter. It our confirmation to the CCAA that we wish to accept our referral. Unofficially, I think we'll call it the "Abso-freakin'-lutely Letter."

Many thanks to my dearest hubby Greg for happily volunteering to be the one to head out into the continued sleet and snow today to deliver our acceptance documents to our agency. Already he's risking life and limb for his little girl. Awww...

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, that is my favorite piece of paper too. Of course, with a s/n adoption, that letter was our official referral. It brought many tears.

    Next up, TA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier you mentioned her name was "Ling Cha Tao". The picture is not clear that I can not read her chinese name (CAN NOT ENLARGE to see). I guess "LING" is her surname. The pronounce of "CHA" close to mean "TEA"(or "HOME/FAMILY"? - not sure). "TAO" should be "PEACH".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earlier you mentioned her name was "Ling Cha Tao". The picture is not clear that I can not read her chinese name (CAN NOT ENLARGE to see). I guess "LING" is her surname. The pronounce of "CHA" close to mean "TEA"(or "HOME/FAMILY"? - not sure). "TAO" should be "PEACH".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your referral. Our daughter Ling Qian Xiao is from the same ophanage as your daughter. Your referral pictures bring back such memories. We stayed in Beijing, Nanchang, and Guangzhou. You don't need to bring anything that you just can't do without. We were able to get everything we needed and ended up leaving an entire suitcase full of stuff that we had brought thinking we might need. Please email me and I will tell you more.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete